Thursday, October 14, 2010

Equipment Review - Serrated Peeler

Last week when I was at my local Sur La Table buying new metal bowls, I overheard the sales clerk explaining the difference between a regular peeler and serrated peeler to another customer.  Since they were on sale I decided to give it a try.  It is fabulous!  Since buying it, I have used it on several squash and a mango.  The serrated teeth of the peeler "bite" into fleshy fruits and vegetables amazingly well.  It also will grip tough skins like that on the squash. 


All colors of peelers are on sale at Sur La Table, available on their website.  This tool is definitely worth the $2 investment, especially this time of year when you might be cooking with pumpins and squashes and other stubborn hard vegetables.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation! I am obsessed with squash in the fall and could have used this peeler when I made roasted butternut squash soup a couple weeks ago. I will have to try one.

    ReplyDelete