Wednesday, June 15, 2011

She's a Grand Old Flag

Okay, I know flag day was yesterday, but I just didn't get this posted in time!


The inspiration for this quilt was the Washington, DC batik that I ended up just using for the border.  I saw this batik at our regular quilt store - Capital Quilts - over a year ago and absolutely loved it, but wasn't exactly sure what direction to take it.  I thought a star sampler would be a go well with it.


Each star is only 6 inches wide and this was definitely a challenge for me in precision piecing.  I also designed each star myself, and all are based somewhat on the flying geese component.  I'm very happy with the way it turned out!

Once I quilt it, I think it will probably end up being a wall hanging... perfect for a D.C. row house! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks really fantastic! I especially like the blocks on the right - very different and cool! Once again, you are making me want to sew! :)

    ReplyDelete