Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Finished Aqua and Fuschia Baby Quilt!

Nothing is prettier than a newly finished and bound quilt!



I put together the top of this quilt last weekend from some random fabrics in my stash.  It is just a very basic nine-patch Irish chain quilt, but I like how the blues and pinks came together.  It is also small - perfectly sized for baby.


I have been wanting to try doing all-over quilting that does not follow the piecing for some time, and thought this could be a fun opportunity to try it.  Plus, I used a flannel backing and was really going for a super-quilted look and feel.  Plus it will help keep the stretchy flannel from getting misshapen through wear or washing.


My favorite part of this quilt, though, is the back.  I absolutely love the print and feel of this fabric.  It is so fun and bright, and the flannel makes you want to lay a baby down on it.  


This should be a good addition to the nursery!

1 comment:

  1. Very nicely done! And the quilting is fantastic - really adds to the design! :)

    ReplyDelete