Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Kitchen Renovation - Day 11

After being away all weekend, we came home to a great surprise - - our backsplash and countertops are done!  We selected a 1x2" alabaster marble subway tile for the backsplash, with snow white non-sanded grout.  I think it looks great - very clean and polished.  And it really ties everything together.



Here you can see the finished countertop on the fridge-side.  We opted for an overhang past the last cabinet so that there is a place for Cillian to sit while I'm cooking.  We couldn't fit another cabinet in that spot, but also wanted to maximize whatever counter space we could.  I think it turned out really well.


Our sink and faucet are also now fully installed and working.  We went with a D-Shaped sink, which is definitely big enough to wash pots and pans, but doesn't take up as much valuable counter space as a double welled sink.  I think it was a good choice - - yet another recommendation of Brandon that turned out so well.


And finally, our bathroom renovation is really getting underway!  Mike laid all of the tile.  I think it looks great.  Very clean and classic looking.  The white octogons are also made out of the white alabaster marble that our backsplash is made from.  We're really moving now!



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I keep thinking of my Venetian floor tile quilt book - I understand the inspiration even more now! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I LOVE the backsplash, cabinet, counter-top under cabinet lighting combination. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete