Monday, September 27, 2010

Welcome to my Blog!

Welcome to The Barefoot Quiltessa! 

During the days I am an environmental litigator in Washington, DC working for a small firm.  Most nights I am trying new recipes and working on quilts or our new home.  I live in the District with my husband and two beagles, George and Henry.  I started this blog to document and share my adventures as a burgeoning chef and quilter. 

I have been quilting for about five years now, and have made countless baby quilts, one wedding quilt, and one wall-hanging for our 1920s row house.  I recently took over the attic of our new home as my quilting studio, and my husband upgraded my sewing machine to a beautiful new Jenome!  As a result, my productivity has skyrocketed, and I am taking on bigger and bigger projects.  I recently started working on an Irish Crosses queen size quilt for our four-and-a-half-year-old neice, as she has recently been upgraded to a very big girl bed!  It is in pink batiks and purple prints, with photos to follow soon! 

I have loved cooking for as long as I can remember.  When I was probably eight or nine I even had my mom videotape my own cooking show!  I recently took a three week course in sauces, which has sparked a renewed interest in classic cooking techniques and recipes.  Last night I tried Coq au Vin for the first time, and it was a huge success!  Luckily my husband loves just about everything I make, and the dogs are constant kitchen companions for the inevitable scraps that fall from the counter.  Last night I spilled homemade chicken stock on the floor... they were thrilled! 

More to come!

1 comment:

  1. Love it - Great blog name, too! Perhaps you'll inspire me to do a better job with posting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete