Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Quilt for Baby L.A.

Here is another baby quilt that I recently made for another friend's first baby.  This is actually the second quilt that I made for this sweet baby girl.  Just like the zoo animals quilt seemed to perfectly fit baby J.H., the first quilt I made for baby L.A. just wasn't working.  One of the things I enjoy most about making baby quilts is thinking about the parents and the new baby to come.  As I was working on the first quilt I just didn't seem right.  Then I found these fabrics at my local quilt shop and decided the best thing would be to start over! 


This pattern is one of my favorites for baby quilts - Illinois Road.  I have probably made this quilt more than any other.  The quilting on this quilt is also done by hand.  You can just see that there are quilted shamrocks in the large pink blocks.  This plays on a shamrock print in the green batik.


The first quilt that I made for baby L.A. is now being finished for my local Project Linus chapter:  http://www.projectlinus.org/about.html.  This is a great charity that donates handmade blankets to children in need in hospitals, shelters, social service agencies, etc.  This is a great charity and they accept all kinds of quilts, handtied blankets, etc.  The only requirements are that it be handmade and that it be child appropriate.  I definitely encourage everyone to check it out.  It's a great way to honor all the well loved and cared for babies who I usually make quilts for.  As soon as it's done, I'll post pictures of the quilt that will be donated.

No comments:

Post a Comment