Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Irish Garden Quilt Squares

Here is what I have been up to this weekend!  I finished all of the squares for the Irish Garden quilt and have laid them out on my "idea board" (aka the guest room bed). 


I have decided that I am going to "quilt as you go" for this quilt.  The first section is going to be the entire middle section of the quilt - what is shown in the photo above.  Then I am going to attach the borders, which will hang down the sides of the bed and quilt that.  I have never done a quilt like this, but I think it will be worth it for easier quilting.  Does anyone have good tips and tricks for how to do this kind of quilting as you go?

Hopefully I'll have more to share soon, but I need to take a short break to work on my Christmas stocking stuffers!

No comments:

Post a Comment