Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Star Wall Hanging

About eighteen months ago my best friend since I was 5 got married.  For her wedding present I knew I wanted to give her something special, so I started my first "full-size" quilt, a star-pattern that could be used as a couch blanket or a wall hanging.  It was a ridiculous amount of work, but the finished product was beautiful.  Because I altered the pattern part way through construction of the top, I ended up with extra strips of the main star fabric.  This is how I decided to make a star quilt hanging for our entry way. 


It is amazing how the second time around making a quilt is so much easier than the first time.  This center star seemed to zip together with no problem.  This wall hanging is going to be smaller than the wedding gift I gave to my friend.  I am going to fill in around the star with muslin, creating about a four-foot square hanging.  I think this will be very appropriate and look great in the entry way of our 1927 row house in Washington, DC.  Now I just have to gear myself up for some inset corners!



No comments:

Post a Comment