Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Irish Garden - 976 Triangles

I have decided to rename this quilt Irish Garden because I have altered the pattern and thought I could take some artistic license with the name.  Thanks to my friend Elle, much progress was made this weekend.  We finished making the strips of triangles that will frame each square.  The pinks are all batiks and the purples are all prints.  I think it makes for a striking effect, and hopefully will be great on the finished quilt.

 



I had to alter the instructions to get these triangle strips to fit the squares.  My triangles are quarter-square-triangles cut from 4 1/4 inch squares (made by cutting squares and then cutting across each diagonal to make four triangles).  Luckily, I tested out one of the strips before piecing all 144 together, and found that it was too long.  I adjusted by increasing the seam allowance to 3/8", which turned out perfectly sized strips. 



1 comment:

  1. So excited to see the next steps - it's practically done! ;) (I stayed up really late last night working on my strips - halfway done with the "piano keys"!)

    ReplyDelete