Friday, August 19, 2011

Getting Ready for Baby!

In between all of our travels the past two months, we've been trying to get everything ready for the arrival of our little girl in October! 


My parents painted the nursery several months ago, this beautiful soft buttery yellow, so we had a great backdrop to start with. I had also made the chicky quilt before I even knew I was pregnant, so that worked out well!

 


We still have a lot of work to do, particularly getting things hung on the walls.  I also need to finsih a few sewing projects, including the window valence and curtain, covering the cushions on the glider, making a fabric insert for the wicker basket for the changing table, and making pillow cases for two square pillows for the glider.  We still have a lot of work to do, but we're getting close!






2 comments:

  1. Next weekend? I'll be back in town on Tuesday night late, and I'm very inspired to help with your sewing projects! I visited the Portland Modern Quilt Guild meeting last night - really nice group of people, and I showed off our chicky quilt during their show-and-tell to lots of acclaim! Learned some cool things, too!
    We're having a great time out here! Looking forward to seeing you - no travel plans after this until long after baby girl arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne everything is so cute---the chair recovered very nicely!!!

    ReplyDelete